So, you want to get better at poker? You are committed to this and you are prepared to spend time on it. You ask advice and what do people tell you? Probably something along the lines of “just keep working on it and you’ll get there.”
This is wrong. “Just working on it” will not help you. Randomly analysing hands, watching poker on TV or vaguely looking at equity equations won’t cut it. The only approach that will work is the right sort of practice based on a relatively new area of psychological investigation – the science of expertise.
This book identifies precisely what this “right sort of practice” entails. It is based around what has become known as purposeful practice. Purposeful practice is the gold standard for anyone who wishes to take full advantage of the remarkable adaptability of the human brain and is the fast track route to improving your poker skills.
This book will give you:
- A clear theoretical understanding of the science of purposeful practice
- Numerous techniques by which this can be adapted to improvement at poker
- Specific exercises designed to create an infallible Plan for Poker Improvement
A PRACTICAL GUIDE TO PLANNING YOUR POKER STUDY
These 9 videos are based on the concepts covered in the book,’Purposeful Practice for Poker’ by Dr. Tricia Cardner and Gareth James
The 6 videos by Dr. Tricia Cardner focus on how to learn poker more efficiently and effectively. Players will learn:
• Practical study hacks for rapid learning
• A 3 step process for improving learning retention
• How to create a learning map
• Strategies for mastering poker
• A quick guide on motivation
In the 3 videos by Gareth James three learning projects are covered:
• Defending Your Big Blind
• Playing Versus C-bet Out of Position
• ICM and Final Table Strategy
Gareth gives you practical tips and ideas on how to get the most out of the content provided in the book.
The full series contains 10 videos in 01:41:57.
- A Practical Guide to Planning Your Poker Study Video Pack - Trailer (11:59)
- 001_PPfP_Lesson1SF_Cardner (10:18)
- 002_PPfP_Lesson2SF_Cardner (07:19)
- 003_PPfP_Lesson3SF_Cardner (03:59)
- 004_PPfP_Lesson4SF_Cardner (04:02)
- 005_PPfP_Lesson5SF_Cardner (09:17)
- 006_PPfP_Lesson6SF_Cardner (11:26)
- 007_PPfP_Defending Your Big Blind (14:23)
- 008_PPfP_Playing Versus C-bets Out of Position (13:37)
- 009_PPfP_ICM and Final Table Strategy Video (15:37)